Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Technology and Maker Space Teacher & Integrator for the 2021-22 school year.
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
The Technology and Maker Space Teacher & Integrator coordinates efforts to support and develop the use of technology and the Maker Space as tools to support excellent teaching and learning. S/he works directly with students, teaches technology and Maker Space courses and supports after-school programs involving the Maker Space and the use of multimedia resources. S/he serves as a coach and mentor to assist faculty in implementation and integration. Minor computer setup, repair, and maintenance is included in this role, primarily in terms of responding to teachers’ technology help requests.
- Provide instruction in the areas of: coding, design practices, Digital Citizenship, essential computer skills, engineering, G-Suite for education, robotics, and related topics.
- Design and evaluate curriculum to support an integrated approach to 21st century skill development in the areas of making, early engineering and coding understanding, digital literacy, and basic technology skills.
- Connect age-appropriate computer science concepts with classroom curriculum and student interests.
- Demonstrated capacity to be collaborative, self-directed, flexible, and organized.
- Provide workshops and training for faculty on educational technology skills and applications.
- In collaborations with teachers, facilitate and integrate technology, engineering, design, science, art, and craft to create hands-on lessons utilizing the array of tools available in the Maker Space.
- Manage the scheduling, inventory, and equipment upkeep
- Assist related clubs, and other extracurricular programming
Qualified candidates will preferably have 3 or more years of experience as a technology teacher; Bachelor’s degree required; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits as well as retirement plan options.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to email@example.com; Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.