Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Physical Education Teacher to join our faculty for the 2021-22 school year. Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Interested candidates should submit an application, resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.
– Plan and instruct physical education classes for PreK-12 students emphasizing safety, fun and skill development.
– Evaluate and assess student performance in physical education classes.
– Coordinate annual ‘Gym Show’ for grades PreK-5
– Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and parents about student progress.
– Participate actively in the school community, which may include coaching middle or upper school team sports.
– Maintain good professional and collaborative relationships with colleagues.
– Commit to personal growth through active participation in professional development.
– Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
– Three years relevant teaching experience, with lower school experience a plus.
– CPR, AED, First Aid and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), with instructor certification a plus.
– A record of integrity and the ability to inspire students and athletes to perform at a high level
– Strong leadership, motivational, interpersonal, and organizational skills
– Computer literacy and technological proficiency
– Effective classroom management skills
– True passion for teaching
– This position may require the ability to occasionally lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
– In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision and retirement plan options.