Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Math and Science Teacher to join our Middle School for the 2021-22 school year. Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Qualified candidates should have 3 or more years of experience teaching Math and Science; willingness to work in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and parents; experience teaching across various grade levels; demonstrated success in working with students across different grade levels; Bachelor’s degree and certification required; Master’s degree preferred; engaging, innovative approach to teaching; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; experience with developing curriculum; ability to work collaboratively; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
– Advanced degree in Mathematics or science; w/certification
– Minimum 3 years teaching
– Experience integrating technology and regular lab experiences into the curriculum
– Instruct and assess students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles
– Communicate student progress to parents and students
– Work effectively to partner with parents and faculty advisor in the student’s education experience
– Update classroom information on the portal system
– Collaborate with colleagues within the Science team and across all school divisions
– Ability to integrate project-based teaching and collaborative learning in the curriculum
– Use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods
– Ability to hold students to a high and clearly articulated standards of performance
– Serve as an advisor to students
– Willingness to travel with students for school sponsored competitions and global experiential week
– Proven track record of continued professional development opportunities as an educator
– Interact with students outside of the classroom in developing and leading co-curricular activities: sports, service, arts, clubs/organizations
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plan options.
Interested candidates should submit an application, resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.