Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Assistant, a full-time year round position to support the maintenance and upkeep of our campus. Responsibilities include basic repairs, carpentry, painting, cleaning, snow removal, and record keeping.
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
- Perform general building maintenance; including basic repairs, minor plumbing, carpentry, painting, cleaning, and record keeping
- Perform campus grounds and landscaping upkeep
- Schedule vehicle maintenance, including record keeping
- Perform snow removal, plowing & shoveling from roads, paths, and roofs
- Share on-call responsibilities with Director of Buildings & Grounds to respond to emergency calls regarding facility problems during weekends and holidays
- Check maintenance requests daily and respond to issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain all owned tools, equipment, and furniture in good working order
- Assist Director of Buildings & Grounds in performing special projects and in coordinating the work of outside contractors to perform special repair and improvement projects
Start date: ASAP
Minimum Qualifications: 1+ years of relevant experience in maintenance & repairs. Must maintain a valid drivers license.
- Highly motivated & organized individual with prior relevant experience
- Passion for high quality workmanship
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
High School diploma or the equivalent required
Criminal and driving background check required
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; Interviews will be conducted via phone with the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits as well as retirement plan options.