Morgan Park Academy, an independent day school offering a college preparatory education to students in grades Pre-K through 12, is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Kindergarten Maternity Leave position. This is a full-time position during March-June for the 2018-2019 school year, with potential for this position to be long-term.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
– Teaching Experience in an Early Childhood classroom (Preschool or Kindergarten)
– Experience in an independent school setting preferred
– Full background check required
– Master’s degree preferred
– Plan and implement developmentally appropriate instruction which encourages young children to be actively engaged in the learning process. This includes reading, writing, and math readiness skills.
– Differentiate activities to meet the needs of a wide variety of students with different learning styles as well as varying ability levels.
– Collaborate with K teaching colleagues, and Early Childhood team to plan integrated units that support the instructional objectives of all curricular areas.
– Promote a positive classroom environment and demonstrate strong classroom management skills in order to create and maintain a successful learning environment for all students.
– Communicate with students, colleagues, and families to ensure the highest quality educational experience for our students.
– Assess student performance formally and informally to determine instruction and communicate progress to parents through parent-teacher conferences and formal checklists.
– Attend all faculty and Early Childhood team meetings.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.