Morgan Park Academy has an immediate opening for a full-time Events and External Programs Manager.
This position encompasses Rentals of the campus, on-campus events, our Summer Program and all external programs (After School Enrichment, etc) .
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of experience with event planning, summer camp administration and programming and a willingness to work in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and parents; school experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree required; ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administration; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
– Oversee all rentals of Morgan Park Academy facilities for events occurring outside the school day and the school year, including outreach, negotiating fees and executing contracts, ordering supplies, securing and maintaining equipment as needed, and hiring contractual staff when appropriate. This position requires after hours and weekend commitments, as necessary. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position; hours of work are flexible.
– Support Morgan Park Academy facilities for internal fundraising, community-building and Parent’s Association events occurring inside and outside the school day during the school year, including outreach, negotiating fees and executing contracts, ordering supplies, securing and maintaining equipment as needed, coordinating Buildings & Grounds staffing and hiring contractual staff when appropriate. This position requires after hours and weekend commitments, as necessary.
– Provide on-campus supervision of external programs including student enrollment, and communication with parents, faculty, and the broader community.
– Determine class offerings and prepare schedule for external programs.
– Purchase supplies and maintain inventory for external programs.
– Assisting with event set up and coordination. Work with the buildings and grounds team to ensure facilities are set up for programming and daily needs are met
– Serve as a liaison to the local community for events both internal and external.
– Attract dynamic faculty and staff to the External Program; submit all potential hires to the Business office for approval
– Resolve any non-financial related parent issues
– Work with Business Office to develop realistic budget for External & Rental programs and monitor budget to actual on a monthly basis. Maintain records of revenues and expenses for external and rental programs and provide analysis on the profitability of these segments.
– Oversee ABC program. In conjunction with the business office, oversee staffing, recruitment and marketing.
– Oversee Summer School and the Director of Summer School. In conjunction with the business office, oversee staffing, recruitment and marketing.
– Ensure all communications regarding Summer program are consistent with the Academy brand (work with the Director of Communications on all mailings, both electronic and print, social media and website)
– Support the school and its leadership.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision, and retirement plan options.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to email@example.com; Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.