Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a maternity leave coverage (September-November 2020) Chemistry Teacher to join our Upper School for the 2020-21 school year. Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of experience teaching Chemistry, Anatomy and AP Chemistry courses; willingness to work in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and parents; experienced and demonstrated success in working with students across different grade levels; Bachelor’s degree and certification required; Master’s degree preferred; engaging, innovative approach to teaching; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; experience with developing curriculum; ability to work collaboratively; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
Interested candidates should submit an application, resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.
– Advanced degree in science; w/certification
– Minimum 3 years teaching Chemistry (at-level and AP level)
– Experience integrating technology and regular lab experiences into the curriculum
– Instruct and assess students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles
– Communicate student progress to parents and students
– Work effectively to partner with parents and faculty advisor in the student’s education experience
– Update classroom information on the portal system
– Collaborate with colleagues within S.T.E.M. team and across all school divisions
– Ability to integrate project-based teaching and collaborative learning in the curriculum
– Use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods
– Ability to hold students to a high and clearly articulated standards of performance