Morgan Park Academy has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant.
Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Qualified candidates will preferably have 3 or more years of experience as an administrative assistant or experience working in a school setting; Bachelor’s degree recommended; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
– Professionally represent Morgan Park Academy in interactions with students, staff, and families.
– Appropriately maintain and secure confidential records and inquiries.
– Format and complete projects as assigned by Principals and Head of School.
– Track daily attendance of respective school division (as compiled by main office) and note attendance concerns.
– Familiarity with school online portal for attendance, grading, transcripts, etc.
– Coordinate and schedule substitute teachers (requires some after hours work)
– Serve as back-up receptionist, providing personal phone response to those who call the school.
– Greet campus visitors, students and staff, and assist as needed.
– Assist school nurse as needed.
– Provide administrative support to Principals and Head of School: correspondence, phone calls, scheduling of meetings, filing, sorting and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
– Provide administrative support for all end of year events (closings & graduation), Honor Society inductions, presentation of Honor Roll(s), awards ceremonies, concerts or any other event in respective divisions.
– Coordinate annual school photographer
– Provide administrative support for Admissions events.
– Maintain master calendar and provide updates or additions to the school calendar as needed.
– Troubleshoot and maintain office equipment, including laminator, copier and fax.
– Support with ISACS accreditation as needed
– Organization of information for DASL data in NAIS database
– Manage the use of school facilities during the school day, within the school year.
– Function as recording secretary to the Board including preparation of agendas, minutes, distribution of information to the Board of Trustees
– Arrange Board of Trustees meetings and functions.
– Support the school and its leadership.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits as well as retirement plan options.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.