Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Math Teacher to join our Upper School for the 2022-23 school year.
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of experience teaching high-level Mathematics from Geometry to AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC; willingness to work in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and parents; experience teaching across various grade levels; demonstrated success in working with students across different grade levels; Bachelor’s degree and certification required; Master’s degree preferred; engaging, innovative approach to teaching; mastery of creative and diverse methods of teaching, learning and assessment; experience with developing curriculum; ability to work collaboratively; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
– Advanced degree in mathematics; w/certification
– Minimum 3 years teaching math (IB, Honors, AP level) and other math courses
– Experience integrating technology into the curriculum
– Instruct and assess students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles
– Communicate student progress to parents and students
– Work effectively to partner with parents and faculty advisor in the student’s education experience
– Maintain classroom web page
– Serve as an advisor to students
– Collaborate with colleagues within math department and across all school divisions
– Ability to integrate project-based teaching and collaborative learning in the curriculum
– Use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods
– Willingness to travel with students for school sponsored competitions and global experiential week
– Proven track record of continued professional development opportunities as an educator
– Ability to hold students to a high and clearly articulated standard of performance
– Interact with students outside of the classroom in developing and leading co-curricular activities: sports, service, arts, clubs/organizations
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision, retirement plan options, as well as a matching retirement plan.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through the NAIS career site or directly to email@example.com; Due to the volume of applications that we receive, no phone calls please.