Morgan Park Academy has an opening for a full-time Pre-school Assistant Teacher to join our Lower School for the 2022-23 school year. Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
The pre-school program focuses on the development of the whole child (socially, intellectually, physically, creatively and emotionally). The curriculum is tailored to the varied needs, developmental levels and interests of the students in order to provide a positive learning environment that fosters an enthusiastic attitude toward learning.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
Under the direction of the lead classroom teacher, Pre-school assistant teachers are employed to carry out the following:
- Work in small groups and on a one-to-one basis with children under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Assist and participate in activities that enhance the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children in the pre-school setting.
- Prepare indoor and outdoor areas for learning or recreational activities.
- Assist in supporting children with intellectual, physical and behavioral difficulties.
- Assist children individually to learn social skills.
- Assist with the preparation of teaching aids, copying, and collating written or printed material.
- Distribute and collect lesson material.
- Supervise children’s play, ensuring their physical safety at all times.
- Help children with daily routines such as eating and napping.
- To act as a positive role model for students through appropriate action and dress.
- Support the school and its leadership.
Two to five years of teaching experience is preferred, although not a requirement for application. A bachelor’s degree or a teaching credential is desirable. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about their desire to teach, eager to embrace and forward the mission of the school, and able to contribute to a teaching partnership and to the direction of the school. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision and retirement plan options.
MPA is an equal opportunity employer. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.