Morgan Park Academy has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Advancement. Founded in 1873, Morgan Park Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory, independent day school in Chicago dedicated to preparing students to pursue the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and global leadership.
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of experience with fundraising, event planning, excellent writing and communication skills and a willingness to work in a collegial manner with alumni, faculty, staff, and parents; school experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree required; ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administration; demonstrated talent to create a positive nurturing environment for students.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Fundraising Planning and Implementation – coordinate all capital, annual, endowment, and planned giving campaigns; collaborate closely with the Head of School, Assistant Head of School, and the Board to plan and implement all major gift solicitations involving individuals, foundations and corporations; oversee grant research, application and management; coordinate any consulting services for fundraising/development retained by the school.
- Organize and oversee the Annual Giving Fund and Gala by ensuring good planning, and implementation, good stewardship, and meeting mutually agreed-upon performance goals.
- Coordinate and prepare the Annual Giving Fund and alumni giving materials (e.g. solicitation letters, email appeals, development website, acknowledgement letters, donor reports).
- Oversee all constituents and gift record-keeping in database, produce development reports, and provide support for analysis of prospect pool and annual giving patterns.
ALUMNI & PARENTS ASSOCIATION
- Refine and improve plan to increase alumni and parent support and involvement at the school.
- Schedule regular cultivation/solicitation meetings with major donors and key prospects.
- Organize sustainable outreach to the MPA alumni community
- Organize, oversee, and coordinate the annual Alumni Homecoming weekend and other alumni events.
- Lead the Parents Association committee and help coordinate various community events.
- Oversee the management of the Alumni Council.
- Ensure expanded and improved leadership development among alumni.
Bachelors degree required. Masters preferred.