In addition to the annual Global Week experiences that are part of our student curriculum each March, MPA faculty also lead optional domestic and international trips for students each year.
Students in grades 5-8 have the option of participating in annual February travel experiences with classmates and faculty around the Presidents Day holiday. These alternate in successive years between international, language-immersion trips and domestic trips focused on culture and service.
Trips offered in February 2020 included an exploration of culture and history, service, and environmental sustainability in New Orleans for fifth- and sixth-graders.
Students and faculty were accompanied by an educator from Global Works, a partner we selected because of their expertise in providing students with purposeful programming that fosters learning through service projects, cultural exchange activities, language immersion, and adventure travel.
- delicious BBQ, French, and Cajun cuisine at local hot spots;
- environmental service work in the city park;
- team-building in a low ropes course;
- visiting Mardi Gras World;
- touring the Whitney Plantation;
- a swamp tour by boat; and
- a service project focused on community gardens and energy-efficient light bulbs.