One hundred parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends came together on Feb. 25 to support MPA at the event of the season, an intimate dinner created by critically acclaimed chef, restaurateur, and television personality Graham Elliot and hosted by “Windy City Live” co-host Val Warner.
Thank you to all the parents who helped bring this amazing event to life, led by Graham, Val, Allie Bowles, and event chairs Kristen and Demetri Carbone, and to Lisa Martirena and Mike Vanier for such lovely musical entertainment.
The sold-out event helped raise money for student programs, faculty professional development, financial assistance, and facilities improvements.
Graham, a celebrated chef seen recently as a judge on the 14th season of Bravo’s Top Chef
, prepared a five-course tasting menu accompanied by a carefully paired wine-tasting progression:
– scallop crudo with baby beets, citrus caviar, and micro chevril
– squash bisque with toasted coconut and Indonesian spices
– poached lobster with cucumber ribbons and watercress salad
– braised short rib stroganoff with peppered spaetzle and truffle puree
– chocolate brulee with roasted bananas and candied peanuts
Thank you to everyone who helped make this event such a success! Please contact Rachael Kemnic (email
) with any questions.