Athletic Walk of Fame
Established in 2009, the Morgan Park Academy Athletic Walk of Fame is a cooperative effort between the Athletics Department and the Department of Advancement and Alumni Affairs. The goal of the Athletic Walk of Fame is twofold:
- To recognize and honor individual athletes, teams, and other members of the Morgan Park Academy, Morgan Park Military Academy, and the Loring School for Girls communities who have represented the Academy through athletic excellence
- To instill pride and spirit in alumni, in the athletic program, and the Academy.
Honorees are inducted each fall during Homecoming Weekend.
Class of 2013
Our upcoming induction Class of 2013 has been selected and will be announced soon.
Criteria for Selection
Individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Graduated at least 10 years ago
- In good standing with Morgan Park Academy
- Received a varsity letter in at least one sport
- Recognized at the local, conference, and/or state level
- Was an individual conference champion
- Have outstanding records and achievements
- Demonstrated leadership as a team member
- Conference, regional, sectional, or state champions
- Undefeated season
- State ranking
- Team record
- Teams without conference affiliation may be considered for selection at the discretion of the committee
- Candidates for this section will be recognized for outstanding service to Academy athletics. Candidates may include coaches and managers and other individuals who have had a positive impact on the Academy’s athletic program
Annual Selection Process
- March: Deadline for submitting nominations.
- Spring: Inductees notified and public announcement made.
- Summer: Invitations sent out for Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony.
- Fall: Homecoming Weekend: Athletic Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony.