We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team. Outstanding faculty, administrators, and staff are crucial to help us fulfill our school mission.
Morgan Park Academy pursues the highest levels of educational excellence with an emphasis on independent thinking and scholarship from Preschool through 12th Grade. We reflect a wide array of diversity and apply a global lens to curriculum to prepare students to act as leaders in the dynamic world of the future.
Please see the opportunities listed below and your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You can also mail your application to our Human Resources Office at 2153 W. 111th Street, Chicago, IL 60643.
We will notify you if we believe your background and skills are a good match for an available position. We will also keep your information on file for six months in the event a position becomes available that matches your skill set.
- School Registrar
Morgan Park Academy has an immediate opening for an experienced School Registrar. This individual is responsible for planning, organizing, and maintaining all student records, both electronic and paper-based, from enrollment through withdrawal or graduation. He or she will oversee and maintain the school's database program, student attendance, production of student and faculty schedules, and production of student reports cards. The successful candidate will also manage the schedule of the Head of School, and support the workload of all administrators.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Typical hours are 7:30-4:00, Monday-Friday.
- Overall responsibility for student files from enrollment through withdrawal or graduation.
- Maintaining the all-school information database, processing changes of address, email, emergency contact information, etc.
- Coordinating online enrollment portion of new enrollment, and ensuring completion of enrollment materials.
- Maintain student body lists as students enroll or re-enroll.
- Work closely with the Admission office and School Nurse to ensure that student files are complete before transitioning from admission files to academic cumulative files.
- Submit requests for new student academic records from previous schools.
- Responsible for the production of the school parent and students rosters, verifying and releasing information as needed throughout the school.
- Maintain lists of students for whom photographs and name listings are denied.
- Prior to the start of each school year, prepare Emergency Binders for the Admission, Early Education, Lower School, Middle School, Upper School, Nursing, Athletics and Extended Care offices. Print updates from on a daily basis and forward information to the appropriate departments for updating.
- Oversee the Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School submittal and proofing of grade reports.
- Generate reports for academic awards and assist in the preparation and production of certificates.
- Print labels for all school mailings.
- Monitor the student cum file check-out and return process, ensuring that files are secured at all times.
- Manage the release or storage of all withdrawn and alumni files, including transcripts, maintaining records of each file for future reference.
- Working closely with the Deans of Lower, Middle, and Upper School to develop student and faculty schedules prior to the start of each trimester.
- Provide Administrator Plus database support and training to users on campus.
- Assist with the preparation and production of graduation materials such as diplomas and certificates.
- Audit student records at the conclusion of each school year, ensuring that all student files are accounted for and the database matches the list of student files.
- Oversee student release in case of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years experience in a school setting with proven success as a School Registrar or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus, both internal and external.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- High-energy self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time-sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience in database management.
- Highly ethical team player.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, vision, retirement plan options, as well as a matching retirement plan. We also offer paid school breaks, accrued vacation time, sick and personal time.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Substitute Teacher
All grades. Certification and 3-5 years teaching experience preferred.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Whether once, or once a week, we appreciate all volunteer help. Please introduce yourself by emailing email@example.com, and we will be in touch with you shortly.
We frequently have internship opportunities for students interested in marketing or communications. You will learn how to communicate with multiple audiences, as well as learn about school marketing and admissions processes. It is also especially valuable for someone interested in working at a not-for-profit organization. It is unpaid.